head>
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Where Angels Tread.....

02 August 2006

Birthday Brilliance


It was my birthday on Saturday and I decided to visit Art From the Heart in Harrogate and spend a day getting messy with Dyan in her wonderful studio. I took a couple of friends who run my local craft shop along and apart from melting in the heat - we had a ball. We made three projects, the flag book is pictured here using Daisy D papers. Since showing everyone in the craft shop on Monday, when I was 'shop girl' for the day as the owner was on her hols, everyone now wants a class.
Paying all due credit to Dyan and her wonderful teaching style I now have to find some appropriate papers and work out how to get them to crease and fold and stick in all the right places to end up with something similar. (I've done it before, I'm sure I can do it again!).
Next on our hit list was an envelope book using the wonderful suet dumpling papers - I didn't quite get it finished and it's currently having it's glossy accents dry at the craft shop after last nights crop so pictures will come later. Then came the piece de resistance - a bingo board covered in scrummy blonde moments paints and sugar dumpling paper - yummy yummy. This I did finish, but as Amy loves pink and it was the perfect size for her spelling lists come September, it is now proudly on display at the caravan where she is staying with Mam and Dad - so again pictures later.
So a great day and I can't wait to go back for more! Thanks Dyan!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Crafty Blogs